- 2023 Oxford-Cambridge University Cross-Country Races 1st December 2023
On Saturday 2nd December, Thames will once again be hosting the Oxford-Cambridge University Cross-Country Races, continuing a tradition that dates back to 1896.
Having won three of the four races since the Covid-19 break in 2020 and both races in 2019, Cambridge will be looking to extend their recent dominance into 2023 and the races offer two differing prospects.
- Annual Report 2022-23 8th October 2023Our 2022-23 season Annual Report can be found here.
- 28th Parkland Relays 16th June 2023
The 28th Parkland Relays took place on Wednesday 14th June in Richmond Park. In the men’s competition, Full-on Tri A Team took the team honours from Ranelagh Harriers’ Veteran A Team (who therefore were victorious in the veteran competition). Fastest time of the day (14:21) was recorded on leg 1 by Matthew Merrick from the Up and Running team.
In the women’s competition, Stragglers’ A Team was successful from Ranelagh and Thames. In the veteran competition, it was Thames C team that took the victory. Fastest time of the day was record by Stragglers’ Sarah Holt in 16:41.
Full results (updated 18Jun23) can be found here.
- 38th Thames H&H vs South London Harriers Mob Match 28th March 2023
On Saturday 25th March, Thames emerged victorious in our annual mob match with South London Harriers by 96 points to 188, scoring 11-a-side. Our victory brought the series back level at 19 wins each.
Richard Ollington was first home in 39:07, with Ellen Weir the first lady home in 41:55.
- Best Ever National for the Thames Ladies 27th February 2023The Saltires made it a weekend to remember at the National Cross Country Championship this weekend. Tackling an unusually dry course at Bolesworth Castle, some 23 Thames athletes headed north for the biggest race of the season. In the men’s race, Neil Ibata was the first from Thames to cross the line, finishing in 108th – ...
- Strong Finishes in the Surrey League 13th February 2023After a spell of dry weather, the ground was set this weekend for a fast and furious finale to the Surrey Cross Country League at Lloyd Park. The Saltires didn’t fail to deliver. On the women’s side, Thames entered the race in 4th place in the League table and had their work set out to hold ...
- 49th Thames H&H vs Ranelagh Harriers Mob Match 6th February 2023
On Saturday 4th February, Thames emerged victorious in our annual mob match with Ranelagh Harriers by the very narrow margin of 988 points to 1,001, scoring 31-a-side. This was our first victory in the contest since 2018 and leaves the series score with us leading by 28 wins to 21.