- Ed Catmur 5th January 2024Dear Saltire, Many of you will already have heard the tragic news of the untimely death of our long-time member Ed Catmur on New Year’s Eve. Ed went for a run from Dufton to Cross Fell in the Pennines, from which he did not return. His body was found by mountain rescue on Monday. Ed grew up ...
- 2023 Oxford-Cambridge University Cross-Country Races 4th December 2023
The honours were shared in the 2023 University Cross-Country Races, held in bitterly cold and damp conditions on Saturday 2nd December.
In the 47th Ladies’ Race, Oxford took full advantage of the Light Blues having lost two of their top runners to record a comfortable 32 points to 46 victory. Phoebe Barker (Robinson, Cambridge) took the individual honours in her final appearance in a fine time of 23:12, winning by over a minute from Elizabeth Apsley (St. Hilda’s, Oxford). Naomi Kingston (Queen’s, Oxford) completed the top three places with two further Dark Blues finishing before the next Cambridge runner. Oxford now lead the series by 27 wins to 20.
- 2023 Oxford-Cambridge University Cross-Country Races 1st December 2023
On Saturday 2nd December, Thames will once again be hosting the Oxford-Cambridge University Cross-Country Races, continuing a tradition that dates back to 1896.
Having won three of the four races since the Covid-19 break in 2020 and both races in 2019, Cambridge will be looking to extend their recent dominance into 2023 and the races offer two differing prospects.
- Annual Report 2022-23 8th October 2023Our 2022-23 season Annual Report can be found here.
- 28th Parkland Relays 16th June 2023
The 28th Parkland Relays took place on Wednesday 14th June in Richmond Park. In the men’s competition, Full-on Tri A Team took the team honours from Ranelagh Harriers’ Veteran A Team (who therefore were victorious in the veteran competition). Fastest time of the day (14:21) was recorded on leg 1 by Matthew Merrick from the Up and Running team.
In the women’s competition, Stragglers’ A Team was successful from Ranelagh and Thames. In the veteran competition, it was Thames C team that took the victory. Fastest time of the day was record by Stragglers’ Sarah Holt in 16:41.
Full results (updated 18Jun23) can be found here.
- 38th Thames H&H vs South London Harriers Mob Match 28th March 2023
On Saturday 25th March, Thames emerged victorious in our annual mob match with South London Harriers by 96 points to 188, scoring 11-a-side. Our victory brought the series back level at 19 wins each.
Richard Ollington was first home in 39:07, with Ellen Weir the first lady home in 41:55.
- Best Ever National for the Thames Ladies 27th February 2023The Saltires made it a weekend to remember at the National Cross Country Championship this weekend. Tackling an unusually dry course at Bolesworth Castle, some 23 Thames athletes headed north for the biggest race of the season. In the men’s race, Neil Ibata was the first from Thames to cross the line, finishing in 108th – ...